Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trading Talents

Lately I haven't been knitting much for the store but I have been working on some trades like a crazy girl. I've been looking around on DiaperSwappers for people who are in search of knits of some sort. So, I have knit a cat sweater:



The cat and owner seem to like it. I will say, I tried it on my mom's chihuahua twice and my own cat once. Max was less than excited about her clothing debut and had more than a few things to say about it. She hissed and clawed and I made my husband take it off her.
I also knit this hat to trade for some wetbags, which I am more than excited about. I am going to parade my new wetbags around in leiu of my plastic grocery bags.


And I traded this little guy:



for some things from Lil Outlaws. I haven't used any of it yet, but it smells great!

And lastly I *finally* finished this sling for a friend of mine (and I have one listed in the store). I bought the blue fabric something like 2 years ago to make a sling and realized I needed something on the other side because of the embroidery. I have looked and looked and didn't know what to use. Then a friend said the colors they were going with for things were teal/turquoise and brown and I had an epiphany. I think it was worth the wait, it really is pretty!

Other than that I have a few things in the pipeline, I'm going to get working on getting Tweets, Slither, and Intertwined written up. I also have another couple trades, 2 pairs of longies I'm sure I'll be showcasing here, and some slipper socks. I'm getting a Mei Tai and knitting bag out of those. I will say, this trading stuff is fun!
Oh, keep an eye out too, we're stocking a day early in March for Dr. Seuss' birthday and another reading thing. It'll be fun, we're all offerring some items having to do with some of our favorite children's books. Stay tuned!


No comments: