Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life as it happens

I'm afraid I don't have much to report on right now. I'm in a bit of a funk and it's cold, really cold. Well, I guess it's warmer now, 12F according to the MSN toolbar I somehow acquired. I've been seeing little traffic on the congo and not sure what direction to go. I have a hat I'm knitting for a trade for some wetbags (yippee! no more plastic shopping bags for dirty diapers!) and doing a cat sweater for another customer. So I've got a few things in the gauntlet and I really need to get a few patterns written up. I'm surprisingly excited about the cat sweater. I'll post a picture of the hat I'm knitting too along with the grief it's giving me (well, it's just huge, that's all. I'm duplicating a picture with fair isle designs and either it was knit at a much smaller gauge or out of dk instead of worsted. It almost covers my eyes and I'm about to start decreasing for the crown.)

Speaking of patterns, I'm semi-in-love with this hat pattern I've been working on, "Intertwined". I charted it out months ago and just never got to the actual knitting part. Here it is mostly worked up:


However, it's much too small. Not sure what I was thinking, but I've got to rip it out and reknit on larger needles. Such is my life these days. Anyway, I'm excited about it. I just have to figure out how to get it charted so someone else can duplicate it without spending a fortune on charting software. I have found one free online charting program and once I get the crown figured out I'll probably give that a whirl.
I still need to get Tweets written up and name that other washcloth. You'd think the dead of winter would be wonderfully productive knitting and designing time, but unfortunately the cold and dark tends to also suck out motivation.

No comments: