Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hats and a Sweater Shaver Workout

I started these hats last weekend and had a heck of a time getting the small one finished. I knit the adult one and my mom said it looked too short so I ripped back the crown and tried again. Then I knit a child sized hat and ran out of yarn. So I ripped out to make an infant hat. I knit that, ran out of yarn, reknit, ran out of yarn, reknit... you get the idea. I must have reknit the top of that infant hat a half dozen times before I got it. But alas, here you are...



They turned out really pretty. Susan from knits 'N bits spun the yarn, it's a superwash Merino wool and is soooooo beautiful. It reminded me of berries. I'd knit and the ball would look like a blueberry field, knit some more and the ball looked like strawberries. I'm just in love with it. They'll be going up for sale in the shop for our Cyber Monday stocking.

My other excitement (besides the growing pile of washcloths) is I shaved dd's pants yesterday. I have an Evercare sweater shaver that my sister bought for me at Target. It's amazing. Anyway, after pulling off the large pills I shaved for probably 20 minutes and had to empty the lint collector 3 times. But they look like a new pair of pants, it's amazing!

It's kind of hard to tell, but I had shaved the back of these but not the front yet. If you look at the part that's folded behind (right under the crotch / gusset) you can see the stitch definition that is clearly not there on the leg next to it. Amazing. I'm so excited about them again! So needless to say she has been wearing them the last couple days... which means I'll have to shave again. Oh well, they do need another dip in the lanolizing bath I do believe. But that means I have to take them off...
Current washcloth count: 15

No comments: