Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No Camera with Something to Share

My dear husband took the camera to work with him so I can't give you pictures today. Maybe I'll take some with my cell phone, I'm excited to put up what I made.
It's a birdie! A really quick little pattern I'm writing up and will be calling "Tweets". I am going to make a bluebird, cardinal, and canary. Not "officially" of course, but mostly the same bird in blue, red, and yellow. I am going to try to figure out if I can make the little crest thing the cardinals have. This one, the prototype, is a little big for kiddie fingers I think, but it is complete with belly button! My 3yo insisted I give it a belly button.

It's cuter in person, but there you go. And maybe cuter if I had a decent camera. Yeah, that would help.

I haven't made much progress since the weekend on dishcloths. I think I have 15 to go, which is managable at the 2 per day I had myself at, but I didn't finish any on Monday and only 1 yesterday. Yesterday's is pretty cute, it's based off the 2 row Noro scarf that's out there these days. Brooklyn Tweed first introduced me and the Yarn Harlot has made 3 recently. I knew I didn't have enough yellow to make a whole washcloth so I mixed it with white for a bit of a bumblebee effect. I like it.


I was inspired by Melanie to finally work on the pants I was going to sew for my little guy. I took a picture of them with my camera last night, it's hilarious. They don't fit. Not even close. I bought a McCall's pattern and some Thomas the Tank Engine fabric for him. I traced the XS size (3-4) onto some wax paper and got started. It didn't take too long, and probably could've been done in half the time if the baby had stayed asleep. I finished them up, put them on him... and they're HUGE! I'm talking way way too big. The waist goes almost to his nipples and the bottoms are inches too long. How depressing. And I skipped washcloth knitting time to make them! Ah well, I guess I'll have to get a different pattern for Mr. Skinny. I mean seriously, he's 3. He shouldn't be primarily in 24 mos pants...

1 comment: