Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Knitting

On Friday I updated my Facebook status to say in so many words I'm going out of town for the weekend and knitting a lot. Well, you be the judge:

I got started on my "Orange Day", which is Tikru's "Green Day" pattern knit in Peace Fleece "Glastnost Gold". It's a Christmas present and going rather nicely. It is only written in one size so I'm hoping it'll fit. Once I get a bit further along I'll put it on a scrap yarn and try it on myself to see if I think it will fit. I'll probably cry if it doesn't, but it'll be my own fault. :)

I also got 4 washcloths knit out of my Cable Rib Dishcloth pattern. I did garter stitch instead of seed stitch because it's faster and I have to knit 33 more washcloths. Speed over elegance at this point. I have a feeling I'm going to be mighty sick of knitting these by the time all is said and done. But I have a good start, so I'm optimistic.

I have also started a new pair of longies for the store, my Midnight Sky Longies. Here's what I got done yesterday along with the charting for the fair isle at the cuff:


I love printing off graph paper and figuring out the charts, it's so rewarding, like you're inventing something! I also found a site where you can make charts up on the computer (like for this cabled hat I'm working on) for publishing. That was an exciting find. Oh, and I have the Reversible Cable Rib scarf off being tested. A lot going on these days I guess.

So back to weekend knitting. It was a beautiful weekend. The guys went fishing and I stayed at my grandma's house with the kids. We watched some Disney Channel and played in the leaves. Here's where I spent some time knitting:

I raked up a pile of leaves with an extremely inadequate rake while my dad's puppy attacked the leaves and rake... and as you can see, my son. All in all it was a beautiful fall weekend. Aah... fall. I only wished it lasted a little longer.

No comments: