Monday, July 7, 2008

About OBH

One Big Happy was started in the fall of 2006 selling soft baby carriers (wraps and slings) and natural(ish) bath products. I have since moved into diapers and knitting wool covers - knitting has become my love. I could spend hours on Ravelry drooling over yarns and patterns, it's really pathetic. I make diapers using the Rita's Rump Pockets pattern and knit using the Adorabubble Britches pattern and I really like them both. The diaper I can put on both my infant and my toddler with no probems. The britches have a fantastic fit, and Melanie provides stellar support.

As far as my bath products go, I love making them and feel so much better about using them than the commercial products out there. Someone contacted me with concerns about using borax as the emulsifier, but the information I find about it's safety is conflicting (imagine that!). I'm looking for a different emulsifier and might try Dr. Bronner's Castile soap, but I'm not sure how to find the correct ratios except by trial and error, and it gets expensive to use that much oil if you're gonna just throw it away.

Anyway, my lip balm rocks and I really need to make some. A local beauty shop buys it from me (her son loves it for his exema) and she needs some. With everything that has been going on lately I just haven't had the time to make more. I do have the tubs and I *think* all the ingredients, so we're just waiting on a spare hour when the kiddos aren't in the way. :)

No comments: