Monday, July 28, 2008

First Dye Job

Well, I decided to take the plunge and dye up the skein of yarn I have had sitting around meaning to dye for a couple months. Here's what I ended up with:














I grabbed "tropical punch" because the package is blue (I was in a hurry) but uh... it's really red. So I had 2 red colors and one yellow. I wanted rainbow yarn so I used blue food coloring and then after I microwaved it the first time I was unimpressed with the yellow...














...so I added some yellow food coloring.














Because of that the yellow is a little uneven, I had transferred it from wax paper on the counter to a Pyrex dish for microwaving so I didn't get the yellow uniformly through the yarn. Oh well, live and learn right? I was going for a rainbow and would say that's pretty much what I got. A little uneven, but that's ok with me. I don't like color pooling so I guess unevenness should help, right?











Skeined up... Mini-Swatch

Now I just need to figure out what to make with it, it's about 4 oz. Suggestions?

No comments: