Friday, July 11, 2008

Progress... Or lack thereof

It seems things never get done as they should. I have yet to make the lip balms for the shop, the kids keep getting "in the way". I have a toddler and an infant and getting anything accomplished can sometimes be a real challenge.

I also need to get a picture of some stuff over to Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm. Her uncle was injured terribly and she is raffling off her entire fiber stash to raise money for his new wheelchair. It's amazing. You can read about it on her blog. Anyway, I'm donating a bath bag (bath salt, almond lotion, lip balm, and hand-knit washcloth) as a raffle prize. It's not much, but I really want to help them out, it's an amazing story. I'm also going to buy a ticket and secretly hope with all my being that I'm the grand prize winner! I don't know what I'd ever do with all that yarn, but I might just stroke it and build shelves to admire it.

I am also testing a pattern for Melanie of Adorabubble Knits, her "Turtle Butt" pattern. It's a soaker and has kind of a turtle shell design on it. It's knitting up pretty quickly. Now that I'm about to divide for the leg holes we'll really see. :) As soon as I figure out how to upload a picture into the text space I'll post a couple pictures.

No comments: